Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Basement Renovation: Counter top & Backsplash

We have been very busy at the Blackburn household getting this basement finished up! 

Chad finished painting the doors!! FINALLY!! AMEN! The plastic needs cut off of them, that's why it looks like there is paint all over the glass! 


My dad finished the bar counter top and the back splash! I cannot get over how amazing it looks! We are so glad we decided to go with the tile counter tops and save money, plus we think it looks great! 


The sink is sitting on the counter in the picture above. I guess I could have moved it, but I'm lazy!


The outlets were installed that will hook up to the bar shelves. 


The corbels were stained and installed! =) 


The fan in the playroom was put up! 


The cover over the plumbing fixture and the closet light were both installed.


The stairs are completely finished, caulked and painted! 


The bar shelves are finished and just waiting to be hung and the lights to be installed in them!

My in-laws came down and we touched up all the paint and did a massive cleaning! It looks so much better clean! 

The carpet gets installed on Wednesday and the rest of this checklist should pretty much be done by Saturday! Just in time for my baby shower on Sunday! Woohoo! 

What's next? 
Hang bi-pass doors
 Paint doors
 Bar counter top, sink, faucet
Finish stairs: caulking & paint
Finish electrical & lighting: bookshelves, face plates, outlets..etc
 Touch up paint
 Carpet install
 CLEAN!!!
 Back splash
 Bar shelves
Crown molding above bar
 Covers for the holes in the wall for the water shut off and circuit breaker. 
 Fan in playroom. 
 Glass shelves for wine cabinet
Pulls and knobs on cabinets
Door knobs
Paint vent

This Weeks Costs
LED lights for bookshelves - $65
Plumbing - $16
Electrical - $ 17
4 Glass shelves - $65
Grout - $24

Returns - $154

This weeks total - $33

Project total - $11,975

I am not a professional and all my advice and tips are purely from my own experiences. 

1 comment:

  1. I checked out your previous posts and I discovered that it really takes you a while to finish this basement renovation project. It seems that your plan involves a lot of changes and improvements. But how’s your overall budget? I hope that you still managed to stick with it, by far. Well, the project is almost complete! It would be great if everything is finished before the holidays.
    Gabrielle Jeromy @ Majestic Exteriors

    ReplyDelete