Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Summer 2013

I apologize in advance for such a long post! Go grab a drink, you're in for the long hall. 

Since I've been busy blogging about the pregnancy I haven't really taken time to share all the fun things we did this summer. I cannot believe it's almost over but I am looking forward to fall and all it has to offer (football, awesome weather, campfires..etc)


We kicked off this summer celebrating the wedding of one of our good friends from college, Josh. He met a great girl from Maine and they had a beautiful weeding up there. (fun fact: we found out we were pregnant while in Maine!)


I took a long weekend off work and we made our way to the great state of Maine. The wedding festivities were so much fun and we are so happy we were able to share their special day. (For those of you wondering, and I know you all are, yes I saw a moose... see photo below)


After we returned home from Maine, I got pretty bad morning sickness but I mustered up all the energy I could so we could go out to eat on our 2nd wedding anniversary!

I look absolutely terrible so we will keep this picture small....

Because I was so sick and we didn't really feel the need to get each other gifts this year, we both went with sweets instead. I got Chad a cheesecake (his favorite) from a local bakery and he got me a cupcake and dessert bar from another local bakery. Unfortunately for me, I didn't get to eat any of it! I also didn't take pictures of any of it, you'll have to use your imagination.

In the beginning of July we were off on a much needed vacation. We took a trip to South Carolina with my parents and my sister and her two kids. Thankfully, I was starting to feel slightly better and was able to enjoy myself. 


We did a lot of laying on the beach (my favorite) and eating (also my favorite!). 

We did a mini photo shoot on the beach, with my new camera, and got some great new family shots. 


We even took a day trip to Savannah one day while it was gloomy and raining. 


On ward with our busy summer... 

When we got back from vacation I threw my best friend a bridal shower. It was so much fun and everything turned out great. 


She got a lot of great gifts and even had 2 surprise out of town guests that she was super excited to see. We got a rare photo of all the bridesmaids in one place (such a cute group!)


We had yummy mimosa bar (that I was unable to take part in, boo) and a delish dessert table. 



Soon after that it was time for her Bachelorette party! We spent the day at the pool with gifts and cake and then hit the town for dinner and drinks afterward. 


Overall, it has been a jam packed but extremely fun summer and it's not quite over yet! Hopefully I will be better about posting updates as they happen to avoid such long blog dumps! Stay tuned...




No comments:

Post a Comment