Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Summer Vacation 2012: Florida

This summer, Chad and I took a trip to Florida. Along with our friends Steve and Shannon, we ventured over 15 hours in the car, to the sunshine state. First we stayed in St. Pete Beach, where all that was on the agenda was laying on the beach and swimming in the pool. 


The hotel was awesome and the beach was beautiful. My favorite part was sitting under our canopy reading!


After 3 days in St. Pete, we made our way to the greatest place on earth. You guessed it, DISNEY WORLD! We spent 5 of our 7 days in the Disney parks, riding rides, eating deliciously bad for you park food and walking, lots of walking! My favorite park by far was Magic Kingdom. I was suddenly 8 years old again. Seeing all of characters, the castles and the costumes, it was all amazing and overwhelming at the same time. There is truly too much to see in one day. That's why we spend two days there. The first day we got there when it opened and were worn out by 3:00 and called it a day. The second day we went to Magic Kingdom, we got a later start and stayed for the electric light parade at night!  


Epcot was fun in it's own way. There were definitely not many rides there and we spent most of our time in "France" eating pastries! We loved seeing all the different countries and talking to the people from those countries. The architecture was amazing and the food was the best part of Epcot. We also visited this park twice (we couldn't get enough pastries the first time!) The first day we went in the morning and ate to our hearts content. The second day we came later and stayed for the fireworks and laser show at night. (We also ate again... imagine that).


Lastly, we visited MGM studios. This was my least favorite park overall, but it contained my FAVORITE roller coaster. Enter, The Rocking Roller Coaster. We ended up riding this probably 5 times. I was amazing and I couldn't get enough. (This coming from a girl that does not particularly care for roller coasters at all). The only thing I wish is that it was longer. It couldn't have lasted for more than 45 seconds. Other than the rockin' roller coaster, we did a back lot tour, visited the "Honey I shrunk the kids" playground and saw a couple shows: The Little Mermaid live, Muppets 3D live and Chad's personal favorite and probably his favorite thing the entire week, a live performance of Beauty and the Beast!


Disney World was so much fun, but extremely exhausting! I needed a vacation after my vacation to recover! It was so nice to experience the parks and all they had to offer WITHOUT kids. I can't wait to go back WITH kids but I definitely have some insight and tips now on how to travel to Disney with kids just from watching other people and their kids, if anything now I know what NOT to do! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment