Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Renovations Part 2: Kitchen

So as mentioned, back in February we decided to renovate our kitchen. It started with a little idea to get new counter tops and turned in to a full on, everything-must-go, renovation. With the help of my very handy dad (who am I kidding, he did nearly everything) we replaced cabinets, ran new electric, laid new flooring and much, much more. Soooo with out further ado, here are the photos along with my commentary.

First, a before picture. Our white appliances, linoleum floors, stock cabinets, TERRIBLE lighting and peeling, wooden counter tops.

First thing to go was the stove that we sold on Craigslist for $50! score!

Then went the cabinets, and my dad started running the new lighting/electric (notice the new cans lights in the ceiling! yay now I can see what I'm chopping and cooking!

 Once everything was ripped out, next went the flooring!


 After a fresh coat of paint, it was time to lay our nice, new hard wood floors. This was super hard work and I was sore for 5 days after laying this (I really only helped lay 1/2 of the flooring, if that, I'm a wimp)

 Here's Chad hard at work!


 Then it needed cleaned about 4 times to get up all the dirt and dust etc.


Then the cabinets were delivered and oh are they amazing and beautiful. I love them!! Adding the island was single handedly the best decision we made. It is amazing to have that much more cabinet and counter top space! The cabinets had built in garbage/recycling bins and they are "soft closers" so the doors and drawers don't slam shut. Did I mention they are amazing??

After the cabinets were in the counter tops were delievered. Our beautiful granite counter tops! We got a great deal at a wholesaler. Granite is so much better than the wooden counters we had before. You can chop on them with out a cutting board (I still use one, but I could if I wanted) and you never need a hot plate!

Our appliances were delivered and our backsplash was put on. It took a while to get all the dirt and dust out but once we did we had a beautiful new kitchen that we LOVE! (We are still looking for a window treatment)

 Here is another angle, you can see the appliances and backsplash better here. The backsplash is a mixture of glass tile and stone tile. It is one of my favorite parts as well. (who am I kidding, it's all my favorite)


Well it took me 8 months to post but better late them never I always say! =)
It is amazing how much more efficient having a nice, updated kitchen is. From the updated appliances to the granite counters, to the added counter/cabinet space with the island even the stainless steal sink and faucet make such a difference!
We owe a HUGE thank you to my mom and dad that helped us conquer this huge project! We DEFINITELY could not have done this with out you!

Now to conquer our next project! What will it be??

No comments:

Post a Comment