Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

2013 Book List

I have a HUGE book list to read this year. I'm sure it will take me well into next year. Again, it is full of a lot of series books and a lot of books made into movies. It's a mixture of fantasy, adventure, sci-fi, and young-adult. So without further ado, here is my 2013 book list.


1) City of Ember by Jeanne Duprau - This is the first of a 4 book series called (what else) The Books of Ember. It was recommended by none other than my husband. It's a children's book, so it should be a fairly quick, easy read. It's also a movie, which I will watch after reading it.


2) Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Johnathon Safran Foer - This book is about a post-9/11 family that lost their husband/dad/son. I have not seen the movie yet, but I do love books that are made into movies. So, when I saw this I added it to my list!


3) City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - This is the first of a 6 book series call The Immortal Instruments. It was recommended by a co-worker and it's also on several must-read lists I've seen. It is a sci-fi/fantasy type book about people that hunt demons called "shadowhunters" and a girl that gets thrown into their world.


4) Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - This was recommended by a friend. She really loved it, however, I have another friend who just thought it was okay. So, we will see. It's about a man whose wife gets killed and he is under investigation for her murder.


5) Divergent by Veronica Roth - This book was recommended by the same friend who recommended Gone Girl. Another young adult fantasy/adventure type book. It is the first book of a trilogy called the Divergent series (only the first 2 books have been released).


6) Beastly by Alex Flinn - This was on a must-read list that I came across. It is supposedly a modern-day Beauty and the Beast story. I also recently found out it was a movie, so that made me excited!


7) The Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - Who didn't recommend this book to me? That's the easier question. This is a sci-fi fantasy series of 7 books (only 5 of which have been released) called the Songs of Fire and Ice series. They are really big books, I sense some procrastination here on my part..... It's also an HBO series that I don't watch. Who knows, maybe I will after reading the books!


8) The Giver by Lois Lowry - This is another book that Chad recommended to me. He read it in high school and loved it. Surprisingly, to everyone that I've talked to that's read this book, it is the first book in a 4 book series called The Giver Quartet. Obviously, it's not a book that leaves you needing to read the next book. It's a young adult fantasy book about a boy that receives special training from "the giver".


9) Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl - This is a recently released movie. Chad heard from women at his work that it is a good book, so I added it to my list. It's a sci-fi book about a young witch that falls in love with a mortal boy. (Twilight anyone?) It is the first book in a 4 book series called, none other than, The Beautiful Creatures series.

There you have it, my 2013 book list. I have my work cut out for me. It's only 9 books long, but that's only if I can keep myself from reading all the sequels, which is unlikely. If I include all the sequels its almost 30 books, which is not gonna happen! I am shooting for a book a month and so far I'm on track (even a little ahead of schedule). I'll let you know what I thought of the first couple I've already read this year, so, stay tuned!

Let me know if you have read any of these books and what you thought! Also let me know of any of your recommendations I should add to my list (because my list isn't long enough #sarcasm)!

No comments:

Post a Comment